Qualcomm introduces World’s First and Fastest Wi-Fi 7 Commercial Solution.
FastConnect 7800 raises the bar on connectivity with unmatched advancements in network performance and wireless audio.
- World’s first announced Wi-Fi 7 product, sampling now with commercial availability in 2nd half of 2022.
- Qualcomm® FastConnect™ 7800 subsystem sets new performance benchmarks with peak speeds of 5.8 Gbps and sub-2 millisecond latency.
- High Band Simultaneous technology uniquely harnesses 5 and 6GHz bands simultaneously for bandwidth intensive, latency-sensitive use cases in both today’s networks and the emerging Wi-Fi 7 ecosystem.
- Intelligent Dual Bluetooth delivers half the power, reduces connection time, and dramatically increases range
- Together with Dual Bluetooth, Snapdragon Sound™ technology is extended into two streams, bringing CD lossless along with audio sharing enhancements
FEB 28, 2022 BARCELONA – Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. today unveiled the FastConnect 7800, the industry’s most sophisticated Wi-Fi + Bluetooth connectivity solution. This sophisticated client connectivity solution combines the power of high-speed, ultra-low latency Wi-Fi with the latest Wi-Fi 7 specification, as well as a number of Bluetooth audio enhancements that raise the bar on consumer sound quality expectations. FastConnect 7800 leads the industry with the introduction of High Band Simultaneous (HBS) Multi-Link technology, which unlocks the vast potential of multiple 5GHz and 6GHz connections to deliver the highest throughput and lowest sustained latency while reserving high-traffic 2.4GHz spectrum for Bluetooth and lower-bandwidth Wi-Fi.
“With FastConnect 7800, Qualcomm Technologies reasserts its leadership by defining the future of wireless connectivity. Introducing the first Wi-Fi 7 solution to the industry might be enough for some, but with the introduction of HBS Multi-Link we take performance to the next level, shattering expectations for speed and latency,” said Dino Bekis, vice president and general manager, Mobile Compute and Connectivity, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. “Coupled with up to 50% lower power consumption** and Intelligent Dual Bluetooth with advanced Snapdragon Sound capabilities, FastConnect 7800 is simply the best client connectivity offering in the industry.”
High Band Simultaneous Technology Leadership
HBS Multi-Link is a signature Wi-Fi 7 implementation in FastConnect 7800 that simultaneously leverages two Wi-Fi radios for four streams of high band connectivity in 5GHz and/or 6GHz bands. FastConnect 7800 supports all multi-link modes and with HBS Multi-Link, consumers can experience minimized latency and interference, jitter-free connections, and blazing fast speeds using 320MHz channels in increasingly available 6GHz spectrum, or 240MHz channels of globally available 5GHz spectrum.
4-Stream Dual-Band Simultaneous (DBS), is extended into the high bands and can bring immediate benefit in today’s networks. It builds on renowned Qualcomm ® 4-Stream DBS (2×2 + 2×2) with 5 and/or 6GHz Wi-Fi links used in concert for extreme low latency performance between access point and client or independently for multi-client scenarios. For instance, a mobile device connecting to a Wi-Fi 6/6E access point (for 2×2 backhaul in high band spectrum) can concurrently connect to an XR headset (for 2×2 front haul also in high band spectrum), free from low-bandwidth and congestions of the 2.4GHz band.
Advanced Bluetooth Audio
FastConnect 7800 supercharges Snapdragon Sound, Bluetooth LE Audio, and Bluetooth 5.3 with next-generation Intelligent Dual Bluetooth – two radios with enhanced connections, enabling Bluetooth accessories to work up to twice the range, to pair in half the time, and makes changing a Bluetooth connection from smartphone to PC or earbuds to an automobile’s hand-free system instant and effortless. Using FastConnect 7800, Bluetooth devices will be able to stream high-bandwidth, immersive music using Snapdragon Sound while also providing robust, responsive connections to game controllers and/or other input devices.
FastConnect 7800 Specifications
FastConnect 7800 builds upon the latest in Wi-Fi standards while maintaining backward compatibility with all prior-generation Wi-Fi devices. Key Wi-Fi features include:
- Peak speed*: 5.8Gbps (via single 320MHz or paired 160MHz channels) or 4.3Gbps where 6GHz spectrum may not be available.
- Sustained low latency: less than 2ms
- Key Wi-Fi Features:
- HBS Multi-Link
- 4-Stream DBS extended into the high bands
- Full Wi-Fi 7 feature support, expected to be the first Wi-Fi 7 solution to ship in commercial products
- Spectrum support: 5GHz, 6GHz, as well as 2.4GHz
- Battery life: system enhancements drive 30-50% power savings** for the most demanding sustained Wi-Fi use cases
- Modulation: 4K QAM
- Standards: 802.11be (Wi-Fi 7 – certification expected upon program launch), 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6E, Wi-Fi 6), 802.11ac Wave 2, 802.11a/b/g/n), 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6E, Wi-Fi 6), 802.11ac Wave 2, 802.11a/b/g/n.
Key Bluetooth features include:
- Bluetooth 5.3, LE Audio and ANT+ support
- Dual Bluetooth support
- Snapdragon Sound technology to deliver:
- 16-bit 44.1khz CD Lossless Bluetooth audio quality
- 24-bit 96kHz high resolution Bluetooth audio quality
- 32kHz super wideband voice support for crystal clear calls
- Gaming mode, with 68ms low latency audio for lag-free gaming and a voice channel for in game chat
- Stereo recording for creators, enabling recorded content with stereo sound
- Robust connectivity even in very busy RF environments
- LE Audio for personal audio sharing and broadcast for listeners to share streams or join others.
Qualcomm’s one-technology roadmap and core technologies intelligently connect the solutions that power digital transformation and create premium experiences. Devices that utilize all of the FastConnect 7800’s key features, as well as those of Snapdragon® 5G Modem-RF Systems and Qualcomm® RF Front-End, are eligible for the new ‘Snapdragon Connect’ badge, which emphasizes the utilization of the greatest connectivity technologies available in Snapdragon Platforms.