- The Snapdragon X70 is the world’s first 5G AI processor in a modem-RF system, enabling breakthrough 5G speeds, coverage, low latency, and power efficiency to power the 5G Connected Intelligent Edge.
- Snapdragon X70’s unrivaled feature-set offers global operators ultimate flexibility to maximize spectrum resources for deploying the best possible 5G for consumers and enterprises.
- Snapdragon X70 unleashes advanced capabilities such as Qualcomm® 5G AI Suite, Qualcomm® 5G Ultra-Low Latency Suite, Qualcomm® 5G PowerSave Gen 3 and 4X sub-6 carrier aggregation to achieve unmatched 5G performance.
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. introduced the Snapdragon X70 5G Modem-RF System on February 28, 2022, which is the company’s 5th generation modem-to-antenna 5G solution. With 10 Gigabit 5G downloads, fantastic upload speeds, low latency, coverage, and power efficiency, the Snapdragon X70 provides the world’s first 5G AI processor in a modem-RF system to harness the power of AI for breakthrough 5G performance. Snapdragon X70’s unparalleled capabilities give global 5G operators the most flexibility in maximizing spectrum resources for the greatest possible 5G connectivity.
The Qualcomm 5G AI Suite, which is designed for AI-powered improvements of sub-6 GHz and mmWave 5G networks for increased speeds, coverage, latency, mobility, link robustness, and power efficiency to power the Connected Intelligent Edge, is included in the Snapdragon X70.
The Qualcomm 5G AI Suite sets the groundwork for 5G performance improvements in the future, including:
- AI-based channel-state feedback and dynamic optimization
- World’s 1st AI-based mmWave beam management for superior mobility and coverage robustness
- AI-based network selection for superior mobility and link robustness
- AI-based adaptive antenna tuning for up to 30% improved context detection for higher average speeds and coverage
Snapdragon X70 builds on the global success of Snapdragon X65, X60, X55, and X50 solutions to provide global operators with the maximum flexibility in implementing the best possible 5G connection for consumers, enterprises, and the Connected Intelligent Edge.
Snapdragon X70 features designed to include:
- World’s only comprehensive 5G modem-RF system family capable of supporting every commercial 5G band from 600 MHz to 41 GHz, offering flexibility to OEMs for designing devices capable of supporting global operator requirements
- Unmatched global band support and spectrum aggregation capabilities including world’s first 4X downlink carrier aggregation across TDD and FDD, mmWave-sub-6 aggregation
- Standalone mmWave support to allow MNOs and service providers to deploy services such as fixed wireless access and enterprise 5G, without needing sub-6 GHz spectrum
- Unmatched uplink performance and flexibility with uplink carrier aggregation and switched uplink support across TDD and FDD
- True global 5G multi-SIM including Dual-SIM Dual-Active (DSDA) and mmWave support
- Upgradeable architecture allowing rapid commercialization of 5G Release 16 features through software updates
Snapdragon X70 builds on its predecessor’s unprecedented 10 Gigabit 5G peak download performance and adds new, sophisticated features including Qualcomm 5G AI Suite, Qualcomm 5G Ultra-Low Latency Suite, and 4X carrier aggregation to deliver unrivaled 5G speeds, coverage, signal quality, and low latency. Qualcomm’s Snapdragon X70’s 5G Ultra-Low Latency Suite enables OEMs and operators to reduce latency for hyper-responsive 5G user experiences and applications.
“Our 5th generation modem-RF system extends our global 5G leadership and the introduction of native 5G AI processing creates a platform and inflection point for performance-enhancing innovations,” said Durga Malladi, senior vice president and general manager, 5G, Mobile Broadband and Infrastructure, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. “Snapdragon X70 is an example of how we’re realizing the full potential of 5G and making an intelligently connected world possible.”
Qualcomm 5G PowerSave Gen 3 is included in the Snapdragon X70, along with a 4nm baseband process and advanced modem-RF technologies like Qualcomm® QET7100 Wideband Envelope Tracking and AI-based adaptive antenna tuning, which dynamically optimize transmit and receive paths across a wide range of user scenarios and signal conditions to reduce power consumption and extend battery life.
Snapdragon X70 is equipped with the most comprehensive feature set in the mobile industry, allowing it to deliver greater 5G performance on more networks around the world. Its fiber-like surfing speeds and latency, delivered over 5G wirelessly, open the path for the next generation of connected apps and experiences.
Devices featuring all of the Snapdragon X70’s major capabilities, as well as best-in-class Qualcomm® FastConnectTM Wi-Fi/Bluetooth systems, are eligible for the new ‘Snapdragon Connect’ badge, which emphasizes the usage of the most advanced connectivity technologies available in Snapdragon Platforms.
Customer sampling of Snapdragon X70 is expected to begin in the second half of 2022 and commercial mobile devices are expected to be launched by late 2022. For technical details, please visit the Snapdragon X70 webpage.