Lenovo unveils ThinkBook Plus Gen3 laptop with Dual Screen.
Lenovo presented new ThinkBook laptops, an all-new desktop sub-brand, and matching accessories, all of which offer premium materials, intelligent and sustainable designs, and innovative functionality to meet the demands of next-generation SMBs (SMBs). The new ThinkBook Plus Gen 3 features an industry-first1 17.3″ ultra-wide 21:10 aspect ratio primary display and a novel 8-inch secondary screen, giving multitasking a whole new meaning and opening up a slew of new use case possibilities.
Lenovo also unveiled a brand-new desktop lineup. In a new era of networked hybrid workplaces, ThinkCentre neo gives expanding enterprises a greater range of adaptable high-performance fixed computing solutions with exceptional technological improvement.
Furthermore, an updated ThinkBook 13x Gen 2 can include an optional ThinkBook Wireless Multi-Device Charging Mat that brings wireless charging for the laptop via Power by Contact, and compatible mobile devices via a Qi charger3. The ThinkBook 14 Gen 4+ i and a new ThinkBook 16 Gen 4+ i include thinner designs, 16:10 aspect ratio displays, larger glass touchpads, smart sensors, and smarter features. The latest PCs are all powered by 12th Gen Intel® Core™ processors running Windows 11. To complement the portfolio, Lenovo is adding new accessories including a practical backpack and mice.
Expanding screen real estate for increased productivity and efficiency usually necessitates the use of a second, non-portable display. The industry’s first 17.3-inch laptop with a built-in secondary 8-inch full-color LCD display, the ThinkBook Plus Gen 3, alters that. Multitasking has become the new norm, yet it often necessitates the use of numerous gadgets and a larger workspace. With the ThinkBook Plus Gen 3, that workspace is now portable. The primary display’s ultra-wide 21:10 aspect ratio already gives you more room to use Windows 11 Snap layouts, but adding a second touch-enabled panel with an embedded digital pen opens up additional possibilities:
- Application sub tools4 can be shown on second display freeing up main screen for creation
- More engaging collaboration with full width conferencing adding a chat window on the second display5, or a notepad function6 to take notes during online meetings
- Can be used as a drawing board to edit or refine images; the integrated digital pen7 with ColorKing+ plug-in by Ufro enables faster, more accurate color matching. Capture color from virtually any surface with the pen and instantly find the closest PANTONE® Color based on substrate
- A “waterfall” capability is very useful during document editing as source pages can extend from the main to the second display
- A “Magic Launcher”8 can place frequently used application icons on the second display for quick access
- The calculator function makes navigating spreadsheets or financial applications a breeze, group launch can even be configured to automatically open the calculator when launching a spreadsheet, for example.
- Smartphone mirroring9 onto the second display improves multitasking and synergy across devices
In terms of technology and design, ThinkBook Plus Gen 3 is a high-performance laptop. Powered by 12th Gen Intel Core H-Series processors, up to 32GB LPDDR5 and up to 2TB Solid State storage, there is plenty of power on tap. ThinkBook Plus Gen 3 also features:
- 3-inch primary display, 21:10 ultra-wide aspect ratio with 3072×1440 resolution at 120Hz, up to 400nits brightness and 90% screen-to-body (STB) ratio with Dolby Vision® support and Low Blue Light with TÜV Rheinland EyeSafe® certification
- 8-inch second LCD touch glass display with 800×1280 resolution
- Integrated digital pen with the ColorKing+ plug-in provides creative content producers access to the most current PANTONE Colors from 16 different libraries
- Smart Power button with integrated Fingerprint Reader
- FHD Infrared Camera with physical privacy shutter
- Harman/Kardon developed Dolby Atmos® Speaker System
- Wi-Fi 6E for fast and stable connectivity
- Backlit Keyboard and glass Click Pad