MicroEJ and SEB to collaborate in integrating MicroEJ VEE Solution in electronic products.
MicroEJ, a leader in software enablement solutions for IoT and embedded devices, announced today that it has partnered with Groupe SEB to integrate the MICROEJ VEE solution (Virtual Execution Environment and software application containerization) into the design of several high-value-added electronic products, including the Cookeo Touch Standard/Wifi and Companion Touch XL cookers.
MicroEJ’s Open Virtual Container Technology Platform is becoming the Defacto Standard For Industrial & Consumer Electronics Design, Powering The IoT Revolution From SmartWatches To Micro-Satellites.
MICROEJ VEE is a software container technology, similar to Android, but designed for low-cost and low-power chips used in IoT edge wireless devices from small Cloud-connected sensors to smartwatches to satellites! MICROEJ VEE’s standard virtual containers cut in half the design and time-to-market of industrial and consumer electronics, and supports all the major ARM chip providers including MediaTek, NXP, Qualcomm, Sony, STMicroelectronics, and more!
“There are now more than 100 billion electronic objects produced per year worldwide, or nearly 10 devices per person and per year. To help with this IoT deluge, manufacturers around the world have chosen MicroEJ’s virtual technology as the alternative to Android Things for their everyday electronic objects, whether they are connected or not.”
Fred Rivard, MicroEJ’s CEO.
Quick Facts about MicroEJ (pronounced ‘micro-edge’):
- More than 100 million MICROEJ VEE virtual containers sold;
- Global presence with 8 offices worldwide: USA, France, Japan, South Korea, China, Romania, Germany, Brazil;
- More than $40 million invested in research and development;
Every year, Groupe SEB renews a third of its products by reinventing, modernizing, and adapting them to the needs of consumers around the world as innovation is a strategic priority.
Designing innovative, feature-rich products that are also easy to use is a priority for Groupe SEB to meet consumer needs. To achieve this, Groupe SEB has chosen to integrate MICROEJ VEE, a safe and secure solution that combines simplicity and reliability into the development process.
With more than 100 million units already sold “Powered by MicroEJ”, MICROEJ VEE application container is known to simplify the software complexity for the development of electronic products. This collaboration allows Groupe SEB to:
- Be in control of product launch plans: MICROEJ VEE provides innovation to accelerate time-to-market while offering evolving products that reflect customer requirements.
- Reduce embedded software complexity: MICROEJ VEE radically accelerates software development by reducing its complexity and parallelizing its design cycle for electronic hardware through simulation and virtual devices.
- Mitigate electronic components shortages: Faced with the shortage of electronic components, MICROEJ VEE enables manufacturers to maintain their market presence by diversifying their electronic component suppliers. The additional costs associated with managing multiple suppliers are more than offset by reducing risk, predictable revenue streams and productivity gains.
“This collaboration with our partner MicroEJ has allowed us to enhance Groupe SEB’s R&D approach to accelerate the development of complex software for our products! Thanks to the virtualization and ecosystem offered by MicroEJ, we can easily design high-quality graphical interfaces and integrate them on the various electronic systems of our product lines”.
Says Sophie CHABANNES, Vice President of Product Development Groupe SEB
MicroEJ is proud to collaborate today with Groupe SEB to complete its technical offering through three competitive advantages:
1) An efficient development process with no impact on electronic costs;
2) High levels of safety;
3) Reduced time-to-market.
Today, these are essential factors for creating high-value-added products. At CES 2022 in Las Vegas, Groupe SEB “Powered by MicroEJ” products will be on display at our booth to showcase customer innovation to the largest number of visitors”.
Says Fred RIVARD, President of MicroEJ
MicroEJ will be present at CES 2022 (Venetian Expo, Hall A-D, booth 52529) as well as at CES Unveiled in Las Vegas