Webex Hologram, An Augmented Reality Meeting Solution from CISCO.
- Webex Hologram blends Webex meeting capabilities with 3D holograms for an immersive experience.
- Uses augmented reality (AR) to bridge the gap between online and face-to-face cooperation.
- Remote instruction and problem solving are aided by a real-time, photorealistic holographic simulation.
At WebexOne, Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO), held on Oct 26, 2021, unveiled a sneak peek of its next-generation hybrid work collaboration tool. Webex Hologram is the industry’s only real-time meeting solution that combines feature-rich Webex meeting capabilities with immersive 3D holograms using augmented reality headgear.
Organizations will increasingly offer flexible work arrangements, with 64 percent of employees believing that the opportunity to work remotely has a direct impact on whether they stay or leave a job (source: Cisco Hybrid Work Index). However, teams that require hands-on cooperation, such as design or training with a tangible object, have a challenge. Participants can now connect in ways that were previously only possible in person because of Webex Hologram’s holographic capabilities.
“Our mission at Cisco is to empower the 3 billion digital workers on the planet to participate equally from anywhere in the world,” said Jeetu Patel, executive vice president and general manager, Cisco Security and Collaboration. “Webex Hologram represents a large step toward our mission of delivering a delivering a work experience so seamless that there is no gap between virtual and in-person collaboration.”
The necessity for businesses to deliver immersive virtual meetings has also increased as a result of global COVID-19 pandemic safety guidelines. When a new surgical gadget is released in the healthcare industry, for example, physicians, technicians, sales, and support staff must be trained promptly. This training can be done remotely with Webex Hologram to save time and money while also allowing you to see the surgical instrument from every aspect and at its true size as if you were in the room with a physician.
“Webex Hologram is a powerful tool for our design engineers, drivers and crews as we continue to reimagine hybrid sports and supporting our team on tracks around the world,” said Zak Brown, CEO of McLaren Racing. “Rather than flying a technician to the racing team or explaining procedures through flat images, with the Hologram technology we can immediately show an engine component from every angle, convey sizing, and instruct on assembly and usage as if they were in person – all while saving countless hours in travel time.”
- Immersive technology: Only Webex Hologram, unlike other 2D and virtual meeting experiences on the market today, provides a sense of co-presence by displaying photorealistic, real-time holograms of genuine people. In comparison to employing avatars, this means a more interesting and realistic experience for participants. When it comes to training and problem-solving, this can make all the difference.
- Ability to share physical and digital content: The presenter can communicate both physical and digital content with Webex Hologram, allowing users to co-create and actually collaborate. Take, for example, a car manufacturer. Participants can study and provide comments on the vehicle’s engine and undercarriage by interacting with a physical prototype presented in the AR experience. During the immersive experience, design representations of the car and other digital content can be shared.
- Multi-dimensional experience for multiple users: Support for a “1:many” presenter experience, which allows several users to participate remotely. In contrast to other services that limit usage to single-angle views, each user enjoys a multi-dimensional experience at the same time.
- Headset agnostic: Webex Hologram works with industry-leading augmented reality devices like Magic Leap and Microsoft HoloLens.
Webex Hologram will be added to the Webex Suite soon, allowing remote and hybrid workers to participate in immersive experiences using their preferred AR headset. Webex by Cisco has released approximately 1,000 new features and devices in the last year, and it continues to innovate with new technology.